Da der Workshop dank unseres internationalen Gastes auf Englisch sein wird, kündigen wir ihn auch gleich so für euch an:
Do you love Kirtan? Mantra? Singing? Opening the heart?
This special workshop is for those who would like to deepen their understanding of Kirtan, would like to explore their voice, and also for those who wish to learn to lead Kirtan. There will be lectures on related topics to deepen understandings, vocal tips, and a singing circle – application of theories into skillful action with open creativity. If you play any instruments, please feel free to bring them and welcome to play along!
This workshop is for everyone:
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES ARE NEEDED (you don’t need to be a musician or singer), but willingness to dive deep into your heart.
This workshop is for you, if…
- you would like to know more about Kirtan
- you love music and singing
- you would like to learn about different Deities and those sublimed energies
- you would like to learn about the power of Mantra
- you would like to learn how to incorporate spirit of Bhakti Yoga into your life
- you would like to deepen your yoga practice
- you would like to incorporate mantra into your yoga teaching skills
- you would like to lead Kirtan
- you would like to open your voice with creativity from within
- you would like to start to play instruments
- you would like to learn the basics of harmonium, drum, guitar and/or shaker
The topics of the workshop include…
- Yoga Philosophy in Bhakti Yoga, Mantra and Sanskrit
- Types of Mantra and Bija Mantra
- History of Kirtan
- Hindu Deities (Ganesha, Shiva, Parvati, Kali, Durga, Vishnu, Lakshmi, Krishna, Radha, Rama, Sita, and Hanuman)
- Voice Opening Exercises and Trainings
- Mastering the Breath
- Stretch/Asana to prepare for singing
- Basics of Musical instruments
- Roll of Kirtan leader and supporting musicians
- How to hold a space
- Group Chant Sessions
What previous participants says about this workshop
“Sitting with Akari for her Kirtan workshop was a beautiful experience. I had an urge to deepen my understanding of the practice and to improve my singing, and with the help of her wisdom and magic this is exactly what happened. Highly recommended for anyone.” ~ James Marriott
“I love Akaris Voice, her Energy, her Kirtan, her yoga classes and her whole being. I go to her Kirtans all the time and i was lucky to attend her Kirtan Workshop. If you love Kirtan and if you wanna dive deeper into it, learn more about the Mantras, the Deities, the songs and their stories, open your voice, gain more openness and confidence in singing then go to this workshop. We had beautiful 3 days together with so much joy and singing from the heart. And Akari has such a big knowledge and wisdom about yoga and mantras, its so inspiring to listen to her. I am feeling super thankful for this opportunity.” ~ Linda Lynn
About Akari Tamura
Akari is a dedicated Yoga Teacher, Kirtan Leader, and Multi-Instrumentalist known for her inspirational style of teaching and self-expression towards healing, love, and empowerment. Her musical journey began at the age 4 with classical piano, and she also has studied West African drum intensively for years. She has been chanting mantra for more than a decade and holds a weekly Kirtan in Koh Phangan since 2014. She holds a sacred space for integration between body+spirit, earth+sky, form+spirit. Akari’s Kirtan is magical blend of soulful voice and uplifting drumming beats woven together with divine silence and inspirational stories.
More on Akari:
→ Official Website
– Please bring a notebook, a pen, and water :)
– If you have, please bring your instruments (harmonium, guitar, drum, shaker, etc.) You are very welcomed to practice and play in the group during the singing time!
May your practice be sacred and empowering ♥
>> nur mit ANMELDUNG:
bitte per WhatsApp oder SMS an +49 1520 739 20 21
oder vor Ort im Ananda Yoga Haus.